- Prep: 5 min
- Cooling time: 1 hrs freezing
- Yields: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 (1 lb.) bag frozen strawberries, unsweetened
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Lowfat Milk (I substituted fat free)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- PLACE frozen strawberries, evaporated milk, sugar and lemon juice in food processor; process until smooth.
- POUR into 8-inch-square baking pan. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes, until ice crystals begin to form around edge of dish. Using fork, stir icy portions into middle of pan. Repeat, stirring edges into center every 20 minutes or until frozen (about 1 hour). Cover tightly. Freeze for up to 2 months. To serve, scoop into small paper cups, paper cones or martini glasses.
• 3 cups fresh, whole strawberries can be substituted for frozen. Freeze berries before using.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size ½ cup
- Calories 90; Calories from fat 5; Total fat .5g; Sat. Fat .5g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 45 mg; Carbs 18g; Dietyary Fiber 1g; Sugars 16g; Protein 3g