Sunday, March 28, 2010
**Dietitian Approved Snack** Chocolate Hazelnut Bark
Yield: About 12 ounces (serving size: 1 ounce)
* 3/4 cup hazelnuts (about 4 ounces)
* 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
* 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Coarsely chop nuts. Combine nuts, cherries, and ginger in a medium bowl.
3. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Add to nut mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread mixture evenly on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil; freeze 1 hour. Break into pieces; serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Calories: 139 Fat: 8.8g (sat 2.5g,mono 3.9g,poly 0.7g) Protein: 2.1g Carbohydrate: 15.4g Fiber: 1.4g Cholesterol: 0.0mg Iron: 0.8mg Sodium: 5mg Calcium: 19mg